Cressland is a self-catering 15th century Grade II* listed 4 bedroom holiday cottage which has been sympathetically restored to an exceptionally high standard and has been award five star Gold by VisitEngland. The cottage sleeps a maximum of 8 guests is on 3 floors and consists of the following:
- Four bedrooms – 2 with king size beds, 1 twin and 1 single (full size trundle bed beneath single). Wooden cot bed and/or travel cots available upon request
- Three bathrooms (1 en-suite and 1 downstairs with walk-in shower)
- Large sitting room with open fire, TV, DVD
- Office with wi-fi, family games, puzzles and books
- Dining room with large dining table, wood burner, Ipod/ipad/iphone dock,CD and radio
- Spacious country kitchen with table and chairs, large settle, fully equipped with cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine and TV. Leading to utility room with washer/dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Beautiful garden with summer house, outdoor furniture, barbecue, deck chairs
- Living Room Very spacious with 2 large sofas and chairs, ottoman, coffee table, desk and bureau, TV/DVD with selection of DVDs. Beamed with original brick floor, rug, original fireplace, and open fire. Door leading to “Head Office” possibly the smallest office in Suffolk with desk, wi-fi, family games and books.
- Dining Room Large oak dining table and chairs to seat 8 people, large inglenook fire place with log burning stove, and full barrel of logs provided. Side table with light and ipod/ipad,iphone docking station, radio and CD player. Cloakroom area. Under stairs cupboard with deck chairs, children’s toys, safety gate. Stairs leading to first floor.
- Bathroom Downstairs walk in shower, toilet and wash basin.
- Kitchen Large country kitchen, fully equipped, oven/electric induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV. Dining table to seat 8 with a wooden settle and cushions. Leading to utility with oil boiler, washer/dryer, ironing board, iron, dryer, cleaning equipment.
- Hallows Twin beds, dressing table, built in wardrobe, bedside tables and original fireplace, original oak floorboards, beams.
- Lovejoy King size bed, wardrobe, dressing table, bedside tables and original fireplace, original oak floorboards, beams.
- Meerkat Single bed, with trundle bed underneath. Travel cot or cot bed available upon request. Wardrobe, dressing table/chest of drawers and bedside table, original oak floorboards, beams.
- Family bathroom Bath and overhead shower, toilet and basin.
- Landing With stairs to second floor (Please note this floor is not suitable for young children, the elderly or disabled, as the staircase is very steep)
- En-suite bathroom Bath/shower, toilet and basin, leading to Witchfinder General room with King size bed, hanging area for clothes, dressing table, chest of drawers, bedside tables and small chaise longue at foot of bed, original oak floorboards and beams.
- Private garden directly next to stream with patio area, outdoor dining area, barbecue, summer house. The house has its own drive which offers parking for 2 cars.
- We take bookings online and by phone.
- The nearest train stations are Ipswich or Colchester about 35 minute drive away. Train journey to Liverpool Street is 50mins.
- By road from London A12 past Colchester, B1070 to Hadleigh, from Cambridge A14 to Bury St Edmunds/Sudbury A134/A1071 Hadleigh. From Hadleigh A1141 signposted Lavenham. After 1 mile turn left signposted Kersey. Turn right past the Church and down the hill. Go through the ford “Splash” and house is just on the left right next to the Splash.
- Nearest Airport: Stansted 80 mins.
- Arrival time is from 4 pm onwards and you will be met and greeted at the cottage to hand over the key. Please call tel: 01473 822815, or mob: 07729 011722 to arrange an approximate arrival time.
- We provide a luxury welcome basket with bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee, homemade cake, biscuits, wine, eggs, bacon.
- Luxury bed linen, towels provided, bathrobes for guests to use during their stay and a hairdryer in every bedroom. Please note that guests need to bring own bedding for cot. A full barrel of logs is also provided for the open fire and stove.
Arrival and Car Parking
- There is parking for 2 cars on the drive as well as street parking.
- Village pub – The Bell 100 m. The Bell is a very family friendly pub serving excellent pub food, as well as local ales.
- There is no shop in the village. We do have an honesty shop across the road from The Bell Inn. Hadleigh market town 2 miles from Kersey, where you will find Supermarkets, butchers, chemist, bakers, banks, Post Office, restaurants. Hollow Trees Farm shop in Semer 5 mins drive away.
- Please note that mobile reception in the village is temperamental. You can get a signal in the top bedroom and if you go up the hill towards the church.
- No Smoking/Sorry no pets.
- We have 2 travel cots and a wooden cot bed available on request.
- We have 2 high chairs as well as children’s crockery and cutlery.
- There is a stairgate under the stairs in the cupboard.
- A pull down changing table can be found in Meerkat bedroom with a changing mat and night light.
- Indoor and outdoor toys are under the stairs in the cupboard and there is a large. selection of family games in the sitting room.
- Everyone is welcome at Cressland, but please note that access to the top bedroom and en suite is via a very narrow spiral staircase so is not suitable for small children, the elderly or disabled. We do have a downstairs walk-in shower and the downstairs accommodation is on one level.